Replacement of a faulty turbo with a new or fully reconditioned turbocharger is a common practice in the turbochargers repair. Due to the request of the customer, instead of repairing the turbocharger, we make a replacement for it. Possessing all the technical base in our service center, experienced and skilled specialists will replace any turbochargers of all known cars brands.
Some enthusiasts replace the turbocharger in order to squeeze more power out of the car's engine. Not an exception is the cases when it is possible to install more powerful turbo on the engine, giving the car a greater speed of acceleration and increase its power. Such manipulations require extensive knowledge and experience, because you need to consider the type of turbocharger and its design features.
When replacing the turbocharger, as well as during the repair, it is necessary to comply with all installation rules and take all the features of the product into account. The most important point when replacing a turbo is to eliminate the cause of its malfunction, in order to avoid a repetition of the situation of the turbocharger getting out of order. It is equally important when replacing all engine oil, oil and air filters. Use only high-quality, type-appropriate, clean oil. Avoid getting dust, dirt, or any foreign objects into the turbocharger housing, into the nozzles and into the open engine channels. When installing the turbocharger, use only high-quality gaskets and strongly avoid the use of various sealants, compounds or other special means. It is the use of sealant that often causes a breakdown of the turbo. Sealants do not withstand high temperatures and in aggressive environments can react chemically with exhaust gases or oil. Fusing or crumbling into small particles, the sealant is sucked into the turbine housing, which causes irreparable damage to the impellers, rotor and other parts of the turbocharger. The neglect of the use of gaskets also leads to a depressurization of the turbo system, which leads to malfunctions in the engine and turbocharger operation.
Turbo replacement - sequence of actions
The following is a typical example of a turbocharger replacement, which should not be regarded as an instruction. The described actions do not include some features that arise when dismantling or installing turbo.
Turbocharger disassembly - the turbo removal
Dismantling the turbocharger is done carefully, with due attention, so as not to damage and not to lose the components of the turbo.
- Search and elimination of the cause of turbo breakage.
- Self-draining of the waste engine oil.
- Flushing the engine with special chemicals.
- Dismantling the oil and air filters.
- Dismantling and cleaning the air ducts. Replacement of nozzles in case of damage.
- Dismantling and cleaning of the turbine oil pipeline. Replacement of tubes if defects detected.
- Removing and flushing the intercooler with special means. Inspection the intercooler for damage and its replacement if necessary.
- Turbocharger disassembly.
- Clean the flange of the exhaust system. Replacement of the flange in the presence of cracks or chips.
After dismantling, all components of the turbo system must be thoroughly cleaned and checked for suitability for further operation.
Turbocharger installation - turbo montage
Installation of the turbo should be carried out in the conditions of the repair center, while following the installation rules and manufacturer's recommendations. Before installation, the new turbocharger must be carefully inspected for damage and removed from it protective transport elements, such as: stoppers, foils and others. The turbocharger must be checked and configured.
- Checkup of all installed components for foreign objects inside them.
- Installation and filling the oil filter with oil.
- Installation of intercooler and connection of its nozzles.
- Installation of a new turbocharger.
- Checkup the tightness of the gaskets.
- Installation of the oil pipeline of the turbine.
- Filling the turbocharger with oil.
- Connection of the oil line to the turbine.
- Installation the air filter and connecting the air ducts.
- Connection the remaining nozzles and checkup of the tightness of their fitting.
- Checkup of the entire turbocharging system for leaks.
- Filling the engine with oil.
- Engine start test.
- Search for oil leakage and eliminate the cause of spills.
- Search and elimination of leakage of exhaust gases.
- Evaluation of turbocharger performance.
- Test run with detection of turbine operation faults. Troubleshoot of identified problems.
- Re-check for oil and exhaust leaks.
- Diagnosis of the turbocharger.
After replacing the turbocharger, the first few hundred runs, it is not recommended to overload the turbocharger with aggressive operating modes.
The turbocharger must be replaced by experienced and trained personnel, in a qualified service center with the necessary equipment. Our specialists are always ready to provide you with quality services and advice on replacing your turbo, as well as provide useful recommendations for operating the turbocharger. All replacement work is carried out with the provision of a long-term guarantee of the quality of our services.
To replace the turbocharger, please contact us by phone or e-mail.